Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mocha Cappuccino No Bakes

So, I have this little problem of assuming I have all the ingredients I need before I start cooking. Sometimes it's thinking I have enough eggs and only finding out after I've creamed the butter and sugar for cookies. Sometimes it's starting a loaf of banana bread only to find out that I'm short on flour. Generally not a big deal, but we recently moved out into the country, so I'm no longer 5 blocks from the nearest grocery store. So last night the girls convinced me to make them no bakes. No big deal right? Except that after I melted the sugar into the milk I realized I had no cocoa and only about 1/2 of the butter I  needed. So... improvisation time. And with delicious results!

Mocha Cappuccino No Bake Cookies:

1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Butter
3 cups Quick Oats
1 cup Jiff Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Spread

In a sauce pan bring sugar, milk and butter to a boil on high heat. Boil for 90 seconds. Remove from heat and add oats and hazelnut spread. Spoon onto aluminum foil and allow to cool.

Simple, fast, and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment